Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Dubai Airport

I needed to transfer quickly to another flight, (I thought the plane departed at 3am, instead it started boarding @ 3am) so I didn't have time to look around... but two things struck me, money was no object (and that is used freely nowadays, but really) when building this airport... for all of that I was given confusing instructions as to whether I needed to go through passport control or not (you *must* go through passport control - follow everyone on lift (slow- no stairs) ... or not was the answer... in the end I had to go back to arrivals to have my bags scanned then I could go down to the gates
Talking of Emirates, the planes are incredibly comfortable in economy (class) with TV screens (LCD monitors) for each person. So you can basically pick which movie you want and watch away. Oh the menu looks incredible (picture to follow - sometime) food matches...

No comments: