Friday, October 21, 2005

Lakshmipuram & The Yoga Mandala

A friend invited me to check out her place of practice, so today I went over to see it:
After breakfast I took a 25 minute trip to Lakshmipuram, another area of Mysore where there are more Yoga studios (Shalas) - The one I visited is Yoga Mandala - the Ashtanga teacher is Mr V.Sheshadri. (http://mandala.ashtanga.org/index.php/sheshadri)
The shala offers many courses (http://mandala.ashtanga.org/courses.php) which sound really excellent. I spoke to Shantala at the front desk, who was very nice and helpful. She provided me with all the course information and prices (now I see I just needed to look it up online, but the chat was really good anyway :) )

I then visited "Aunty's House" for lunch, I can't imagine how people find it on their own, I can't even imagine the instructions one would have to receive to find it... even once you arrive one must walk through a narrow alleyway and enter a house from the side. The mind boggles. After this I went to "The three sisters" for lassi (again a mystery as to how someone would find it). I was assured the lassi was completely safe and no water is used (you do not pay for water so we do not use it) I ordered Papaya Lassi, quite delic. Unfortunately Mango is no longer available (wrong time of year) oh well...

After the lassi, we walked to the Ashok Bookstore (I seem to visit this bookstore twice a week), though other than one time, luckily (I say luckily because it is way too easy/tempting to purchase cheap 100/200rs books) I have kept my money in my pocket.

No comments: