Monday, October 31, 2005

Fourteenth Ashtanga Practice

I woke up to the sound of drilling which was wafting from the general direction of next door, where a building is in its foundational state. This noise is unusual because up until now the activity has mainly been manual labour, not machine labour (although they did bring an excavation/digging machine to clear the ground, a few weeks ago)
I looked out the window and saw a huge drilling machine with an umbilical cable connected to the vehicle parked in the middle of the road. On the side of the vehicle was a sign that stated it was operated by a well-drilling/general drilling company. I took a few pictures and then left as the noise was quite unbearable.

My stomach was feeling queesy so I decided to visit the Kevinn for breakfast. After filling myself with Homemade Muesli; a super vegetarian omelete; and a ginger, lemon and honey drink; I ventured forth to Anu's Internet cafe to print some essays from www.paulgraham.com.

Two things jumped out from the pages:
One was a quote from Trevor Blackwell "Watch people who have money to spend, see what they're spending wasting their time on, cook up a solution, & try selling it to them. It's surprising how small a problem can be & still provide a profitable market for a solution"
The other was from Paul Graham with regard to formulating ideas and asking questions... He basically said to ask questions instead of making statements about what you want to do... his example "Could one make a collaborative, web based spreadsheet"... assertions provide objection, questions invite exploration.

So I am trying to frame ideas more as questions, because I am finding myself objecting to too many of my (fantastic ;) ) ideas...

I left early for Yoga Mandala today so that I could eat lunch there, which consisted of a boiled egg, toast and masala chai (just assume that I am referring to masala chai when I mention chai) (due to the hefty lunch and close time proximity to my Yoga class)

At Yoga I again finished @ Marichyasana D, Sheshadri bound my hands on both sides, but my left side is especially tight, so it was quite a bit more difficult. The tightness was as close to pain as I can imagine, and then he twisted me further! I was very relieved to be released from the asana, and amazingly, I felt really good afterwards!

Since it was so late I decided to eat at the Yoga Mandala cafe; tonight I had a 'Cornish' Pastie with half a carrot soup.

No comments: