Friday, October 21, 2005

People begging

I am normally quite cool when it comes to children begging, but today on the way back to the Yoga Mandala there were about 10 school children (all girls) who followed me for several blocks generally being silly but also begging money. When one of them grabbed my camera I had to protest.
Using all the Hindi I could remember (probably not helpful at all since everyone speaks in the local language which is Kannada, or they speak English, and then maybe Hindi), * , I tried to get rid of them. This really didn't work, they continued to follow me for a while longer, but eventually gave up the chase.

* ok I didn't say every word I know, since saying "food" or "water" to them would only make them think I was going to give them some food or water or money.

No comments: