Monday, November 14, 2005

Mysore Palace

The entry fee for this is 20 rupees, shoe deposit is 1 rupee. No cameras allowed.

So I brought my camera but didn't want to leave it around anywhere... hmmm what to do... Luckily there were two entrances to the palace, one had a security system (like the ones you walk through at the airport) and the other didn't! So after dropping off my shoes I went to the other entrance... only problem was the shoe place was quite a distance from the other entrance and there were some stones and other unpleasant things between the two. Oh well that is the cost of keeping my camera with me (I didn't take it out of the bag, I did respect the no photography rule)

Inside there are many paintings and incredibly detailed work in the structure of building itself (the pillars, doors, ceilings, etc). It is possible to pay a guide who will tell you a lot about the displays, but we didn't. Also there were tons of school children and it became a bit too much of a distraction to allow us to appreciate the displays.

There were two or three temples connected to the palace, of which we went into two. The first was pretty easy to figure out what was going on, the second we left after a few minutes.

No comments: