Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thirtieth Ashtanga Practice

I have been here for nearly a month and a half, but have only practiced 30 times... still probably more than I would have done back home...

Quote of the day in class (well not every day, but for today)
Saraswati "Did you complete the postures correctly" (not exact quote)
Student "I didn't do A and B professionally, but I did C adequately!"
Everyone in the room burst out laughing...

Saraswati told me (during Marichyasana D first side) that my knee will be painful for a few days but it will be ok, no problem (just use balm)

Saraswati let me balance in Sirsasana then helped me lower my legs to horizontal before bringing them back to vertical again... She then simply walked away and helped someone else! I had no idea how long I was supposed to stay up there... I held the asana for about 25 breaths and then (because I had to) lowered myself to the floor...
This is another of my favorite asanas and it is nice to be able to balance without the wall (even if it is only for a few breaths).

Last asana before finishing postures is Supa Kurmasana.. it is a bit deeper today.

Saraswati helped me with the same asanas as yesterday.

I withdrew about 30000 rupees from the ATM (rate is about 45 rupees to the $) 20000 rupees will be given to Saraswati tomorrow for this month.

I helped the roommate with attaching jpgs to email... in the end I helped him created a Yahoo album and then share that album via email... good stuff :)

I ate lunch with a friend at Green Leaf cafe, a North Indian Thali... this is so much better than the South Indian version (which is much thinner)...

No comments: