Saturday, November 19, 2005

Twentyeighth Ashtanga practice

Something not right today, I fell attempting Bhujapindasana on my own (side of my face head hit, causing the other side of the neck to feel like it was whiplashed - but it wasn't too bad) and then I rolled onto my back during Sirsasana (headstand) luckily I knew to tuck my head, that one was just funny.
The other thing that happened was my knee clicked/'cracked' very loudly when Saraswati helped with Marichyasana D (first side, left knee in half lotus) Afterwards she asked me "What opened" I told her I didn't know about opening, but my left knee mad the sound. She seemed to not be worried about it.
Sometime around this point I also felt an emotional release...

I was really careful with the left knee after that I could tell it was not too happy.

Saraswati helped with most of the asanas I was ok with yesterday (the pindasana of shoulderstand etc)

I went to an Introduction to Ayurveda / Intuition workshop after the Yoga class. I was only a few minutes late. The class was really good, especially the intuition part. We were given a good amount of information regarding Doshas etc and then told that sometimes it is better to listen to our bodies for the answers. We were shown how to use a pendulum and "body rocking" (I think it is my term)

Lunch was at home (I ate toast with Ghee, + an apple, not that exciting but it worked)
I walked to Green leaf cafe (and found a super easy way to get there) and ate Set masala dosa, rava dosa, & hot badam milk.

At home I was shown Yamuna Body rolling... it seems to be really good....

No comments: