Thursday, November 17, 2005

Twentysixth Ashtanga practice

The gas ran out for the 'shower' (it is really a bucket bath, the water is not heated when the shower is used, but it is when the regular faucet is on... to fix it the owner would probably have to break the stone wall... not going to happen) so I washed my hair and left for practice (no matter I will need a shower afterwards anyway!)

I took my time in the beginning of practice, it was really good... then I rushed a bit (this is ridiculous, I came for Ashtanga and here I am rushing off to do other things, consider this pattern over)
Saraswati helped me with the usual asanas + headstand where she just had me balance (non of the leg lifting stuff (Sirsasana A - http://ashtangayoga.info/asana-vinyasa/finishing-positions/index.html))

The other class is going well, only 9 Sutras left... I talked to the person running the office about the Intro to Ayurveda course (10 hours 4500 rupees, same Ayurvedic doctor teaching... sign me up!)

I didn't eat lunch at midday, I wasn't hungry. I met a friend around 3:30pm and walked to Green leaf cafe. They were closed, so we took a Rikshaw to Gokul Chats (really hungry now!). Ate Set Masala Dosa (the best here, I will miss them) and shared a Ravi Onion Dosa (this too was great, had never eaten one before). I also tasted a plain Dosa (which is like a pancake, but different) and I had a large hot badam milk.
We were met by other friends and talked about travel and burningman festival which I hadn't heard about until this trip, sounds interesting. ( www.burningman.com/ )

In the evening I walked to Gokul Chats with a roommate and chatted (too full to eat again), walked back to Anu's for the Internet cafe (also briefly used an Internet cafe close to Gokul chats but it had a lot of spyware junk on it) and ate a Chocolate Pie.

Oh, breakfast was Porridge + toast (+ butter) yes, the combination works!

No comments: